Re: Getting clear water

Carol asks "My plants are all doing fine-the algae is gone, the fish are
happy. But I notice tiny particles floating in the water. Should I have 2
filters in my tank?" When we had just our Eheim 2228 on our 135-gal, we
went tried the Vortex diatom filter (tossed it out) and then added a Magnum
350 canister with the micron cartridges. However, the frequent attention
and bleaching needed to unclog the cartridges led me to try the Magnum
(carbon) canister filled *entirely with floss* (plus the blue foam sleeve).
It worked like a charm! Our water is crystal clear all the time. I clean
the Magnum about every 6 weeks.

Jared
Pix at http://www.brainyday.com/jared/aquarium/

Jared Weinberger