Bolbitus and wood

Hi all I have a chunk of rootwood that I think is a bit under a foot long.
I say I think it is because it is hard to see under a large Bolbitus. I was
planning to sell it on eBay and donate the procedes to the defense fund.  I
am concerned that the wood will destroy the plant in shipping however. Has
anyone had good/bad luck shipping Bolbitus attached to heavy wood? I may
pull it off and sell it as chunks of rhizomes in order to minimize shipping
problems but it just seems like a shame to cut it up.

Thanks
Scott Hudson