Pond plants, Red Flame Sword

Hello Folks:
     Has anyone tried growing Red Flames sword plants
in an outdoor pond?  I would like to hear your
experience.  I have someone who asked me about them.
I told him, I thought the plant should look as lovely
growing up and out of the water as it does growing in
the tank.  Perhaps prettier.  I believe it would need
semi-shade in the pond.  It grows very nicely in 2.5
watts/gallon of lighting.  So, I guessed that it might
get fried in direct sunlight.  Any with experience or
related issued with sword plants in outdoor ponds.
Thanks, Diana