Re: CO2 vs carbo plus

Hans has had trouble with plants. Initially there was a short period of good
growth and now things are melting.

> My tank parameters are after several hours of coo on:
> 260 watts vho, on for 9hrs afternoon to evening
> Co2 35 bbls/sec on with lights when lights are out, areation with air
> pump
> 75 gallon

I've tried aeration at night. Never seemed to do much overall and was
another item to deal with in my tank.

> gravel is 50/50 flourite and gravel
> PH 7.4 - 7.6
> KH 4-5 dkh or 71.6ppm

CO2. A pH of 6.6-6.7 would be a better pH.

> GH 8-9 or 143.2ppm
> Nitrite .3mg/li

This is rather high. This is NO2 correct and not NO3? If NO3, certainly do a
water change and remove the NO2.

> Ammonia 0
> PO4/PO3 0-.5ppm
> Water here is pretty hard even with more Co2 the ph has not gone down
> past 7.4

You said 35 bubbles a second but I think you mean 35 per _minute_?
About 1-2 a second would be about right for your tank size and lighting.
You may want to consider the method that you are adding the CO2 gas into the
tank. It seems like it's not getting diffused well, if at all. How are you
adding the CO2 now?
After we get that straighten out nutrients will be then be used up rather
fast and we will work on that next. Get the CO2 issue solved first though.
Regards,
Tom Barr