Re: Drs. Foster and Smith and Big Al

Paul Armes described an undesirable incident with the
Drs.:

> Just had an interesting episode with Drs. Foster et
al. {I'm a little
> trembly typing this, what if I'm sued?) I placed my
first order with
> them
> last week. Had no major difficulties although I did
have to call them
> twice
> to get a tracking number for my shipment.
> Earlier this week I placed another order-this time
for an Eheim 2026.
> Called
> twice for a shipping number. I was told last night
that the item was
> out of
> stock and backordered (until March 29th). There was
no indication of
> the
> fact that they were out of stock on the web site and
still no change
> on the
> site today. I told the customer service
representative that in light
> of the
> time involved, I would like to cancel the order. She
then told me
> that it
> might not be possible to cancel the order. After I
picked up the
> phone she
> said something about the fact that it was already
"invoiced"
> (mistakenly)
> and it might not be possible for the staff to wade
through the 15000
> or so
> orders to pull mine from the future delivery list.
She then said "You
> could
> always refuse the order and send it back" and I said
"Can you assure
> me that
> my credit card will not be charged?" to which she
replied "I don't
> think I
> can guarantee that." After talking to her manager,
she said they
> would issue
> an "emergency cancellation" order and get in touch
with me next week
> notifying me whether or not the order has, indeed,
been cancelled.
> Please don't misunderstand. The service rep was
polite and efficient.
> think. however, she and the company are working with
a system that is
> not
> anywhere close to being up to speed. Like it or not,
we live in the
> days of
> Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble online ordering.
> I wrote a very polite extended note to them
explaining that I love
> their
> site and the wide variety of items they carry, but
that I would not
> be
> ordering from them until they were able to do email
notifications
> regarding
> processing, shipping and tracking.

I just placed an order with Pet Warehouse (aka. Drs.
Foster and Smith) last week and the order came within
5 days.  I have been ordering from Pet Warehouse for
many years without a problem.  This is a great
establishment.  Currently, the Drs. don't do email
notification of your delivery, but I don't mind as I
am was not in urgent need of the products I had
ordered.  I highly recommend this company for aquatic
and plant related goods.

Lobos