Worms in roots

> I was undertaking a replanting of my 90g tonight, and nestled in amongst the
> roots of my existing plants were some reddish worms -- about 1 mm in
> diameter and as long as 5 or 6 cm.

Sounds like tubifex to me. I have purchased some fresh Tubifex worms
myself recently to feed to my fish and I noticed that if one dropped
from the feeder and made it to the gravel before a fish got it, that the
worm would waste no time in digging in. There is a Live Foods Digest
similar to this where I bet some folks could answer that question.

You can get in touch with them at:

live-foods at actwin_com

You can subscribe at:

Majordomo at actwin_com

with the following command in the body of your email message:
       subscribe live-foods

Have Fun!

Ed