Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1678

<< Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 20:06:02 +0000
 From: "Amy Ayukawa" <amyayukawa at hotmail_com>
 Subject: Re: Snails

 I too have been experiencing explosions of MTS in all my tanks. I've tried
 removing them by hand, with cantaloupe rind and cucumber, and with
 snail-eating fish. These methods keep them in check temporarily, but they
 rebound as soon as my removal efforts slacken. Drastic as it seems, I'd like
 to rid all my tanks of all snails forever!

Why does everyone hate MTS snails? I have millions of them and I love them.
They stay hidden in the sand during the day, only come out at night, never
hurt plants, and eat left over food. What's not to Like?

Moon