Re: Snail reduction under special curcumstances

Alan K. asks:

>Does anyone have a suggestion regarding how to reduce the snail load in a
>tank that has many expensive Amano shrimp in it?  They are the common type
>of small snails and they are multiplying like.....snails?

I've successfully used the melon rind method of snail control.  Take a
piece of melon rind -- from a cantaloupe, for instance -- and cut the meat
off.  Drop the rind in the tank for a while and it will soon be covered in
snails.  Remove the rind and the snails.  Rinse and repeat as necessary.
--
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee