pearling algae!?! but not plants-lighting?

Hello all, I just moved my plants and fish over from a 29 gallon to a
38 gallon aquarium.
    In this new aquarium, I have about 105 watts of screw-in CF
lights.  And I have compressed CO2 at a bubble every 3 seconds.
Flourite and gravel substrate.
	Now, everyone seems fine, the plants are all there, not dieing,
but the plants are not pearling so far, yet the little bit of algae(not
sure, I think a mix of bga and hair) that's on the ends of a couplel
plants and a piece of wood, IS pearling.
	The color temp of these bulbs I'm using is 3000K(Sylvania,
BTW).  Do ya'll think this is a problem?  On the old tank, I had a mix
of these and normal flourescent "cool white" and "plant & aquarium
bulbs" by GE.
     I get a ph of 6.5 with one test kit, and 6.8 with another.
     So, why pearlign algae and not plants?  Ideas in general?
	oh yes, I read on thekrib.com, and in APD archives, that ppl
have bga trouble at times with too little nitrate?  right?  if so, I can
look for  a test kit, and what's an easy to come by source if I end up
needing to add this?
-chrys
     My Aquarium-
http://chrys.addr.com/aquarium/