What should I do now?

Hi all,

Haven't posted to the list in a year because I sorta drifted off aquariums.  I
have 5 freshwater aquariums.  1 is a 35 gallon, and the other 4 are 10
galloners.  The 35 galloner has 3 100-watt halogen bulbs and two 30 watt
fluorescent bulbs.  It has regular, non calcium, brown gravel.  Plants grow
great.  It is doing so well, that I have seen so many flowers sprout from my
bacopa caroliniana that grows above the surface.  The other four aquariums
only have fluorescent bulbs.  OTOH, the wattage is not too shabby on them.  My
very first 10G aquarium has 45 watts of fluorescent light and has regular
gravel.  It houses about 50 youth Kribensis which I bred (I love Kribs).  The
other two have about 4 inches of FLOURITE (Which I paid a hefty price for) but
30 watts of fluorescent lighting.  The very last one has about 3 inches of
Hartz kitty litter and 4 inches of regular gravel.

The problem is that I cannot grow absolutely any plants in the 10 gallon
fluorescent aquariums.  Anything I put in there fails.  Even the most hardy
plants such as Java fern.  They never do well long term.  I was thinking that
since three of my four ten galloners are in a row, I should get a halogen
track for them just like my 35 gallon.  Does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks,
-Moishe