compact flourescents/VHO

Hi, it's the browned plant person.  Thank you for all of the help and
response, I'm very grateful, heaps of thanks.  Right now I am attacking my
situation via lighting, before I get a fresh batch of plants.  I went and
read about a general rule, "2 to 5 watts per gallon."  I have 29 gallons so a
20w flourescent (what I have) seems low.  My hood is a full top (I can't do
metal halide) and the most I can fit is two 24" flourescents, which would be
40w.  But after studying I have discovered HO and VHO and compact
flourescents, the latter where apparently I can cram 2-55watt bulbs in the
light strip (a good 110w right there.)  So that's what I am looking at doing,
but I haven't found high-quality lighting available for sale locally and have
had only two successful searches on the net.  And I am not totally sure what
the net companies are selling would fit over my tank.  Plus the prices were
definately not compact.  If anyone has experience with these types of bulbs,
or VHO's for that matter, and knows of a good place to get them, once again,
heaps of thanks.
--Rachel