Oceanic tank glass cover

Does anyone have any experience with the glass covers supplied with Oceanic
tanks?  I have one that came with a new 180 gal that I am concerned about.
The cover has a rough  texture on the underside that is probably meant to
diffuse the light but looks like it would attenuate it significantly.  It
also looks like a great place for algae growth.  Unfortunately, I have to
have the tank covered to control humidity.  I will have 4 72-inch VHO lamps,
(640 watts = about 3.5 watts/gal).  I haven't selected a plants list yet but
I'm sure there will be some high-light species.
Would it be better to replace the factory cover with clear plate glass or
will the factory cover transmit sufficient light?

Lyndle Schenck
Charlotte Hall, MD