(no subject)

OK, this is probably a dumb question, but here it goes.  With all the current
postings about overcoming nitrogen deficiencies by dosing with KNO3, or
supplementing with Jobes sticks, why couldn't a liquid houseplant fertilizer,
such as Liquid Miracle-Gro, be used as a supplement?  According to the back,
this contains, "Total Nitorgen 8%. 1.2% ammoniacal nitrogen, 1.2% nitrate
nitrogen, 5.6% urea nitrogen.  Available phosphate P2O5 7%. Soluble potash
K2O 6%. Iron 0.10% chelated iron.  Derived from ammonium phosphate;
monopotassium phosphate; potassium nitrate; urea; iron HEDTA."  Obviously,
the added phosphate is not desirable, but I already have enough phosphate in
my water that I always run Phosguard, or a similar phosphate remover, in my
filter. If I'm already doing this on a constant basis, the additional
phosphate should also be removed.  So what am I missing?  Is there something
toxic (to plants or fish) that I'm missing, or would this work on a limited
basis?
Dan