Re: Neon Tetras

on 01:48 PM 12/17/99 , Aquatic Plants Digest wrote:

 >From: brnhornt at ix_netcom.com
 >
 >Just a quick question...I have a group of neon tetras that after I feed them
 >(flake food) they seem to have to struggle to keep themselves underwater.
 >If they stop swimming they float up to the top of the water.  I first
 >thought they were swallowing too much air so I even tried submerging the
 >food...but that didn't work either...any ideas?

This might be a silly question, but have you tried a different food? Maybe
what you're feeding either has trapped air in its granules or forms some
sort of gas inside the fish. At any rate, it doesn't sound like the food is
the best choice for these fish.

--
michael moncur   mgm at starlingtech_com   http://www.starlingtech.com/
"Research is the process of going up alleys to see if they are blind."