CO2 Question

Hi all,
I want to thank everybody for their response to my question regarding
Aquarisol.I'am never going to use that product again.
I have a newbie Question and I'm sure you discussed this before:
Santa will bring me a CO2 system with Regulator, Needle Valve and
CO 2 bottle.I'am thinking about to automate my CO 2 system with a
solenoid,timer and a Ph meter.Would you recommend this setup,or is
this overkill?Any DIY instructions on the web that a electronically
challenged person can understand? Which Ph meter would you recommend for
this,Pinpoint?
Can you leave a Ph probe in the water constantly?
Thank you for any help on this.
Happy holidays.
Max