Re: Flag fish posts.

Aquatic Plants Digest wrote:

> Aquatic Plants Digest    Monday, December 13 1999    Volume 03 : Number 1447
>
> In this issue:

> Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:18:42 PST
> From: "Bailin Shaw" <bailin_shaw at hotmail_com>
> Subject: Flag fish posts.
>
> Hello All,
>
> I purchased a pair of Flag fish today from Walmart of all places.  Beautiful
> specimens.  I didn't know that these fish could take care of hair algae, but
> that's an added bonus.  Does anyone know what kind of water parameters are
> ideal for the fish or are they fairly adaptable.  Any information would be
> appreciated.

They are very tolerant, and will live in quite soft water. They probably
will prefer a bit of hardness, and can tolerate a fair amount of salt.
[Unlike the writings of some gurus, they don't actually need it.] They may,
like mollies, get more skin problems in very soft water. IDK.

Wright

PS. On the "yellow algae eaters," the only ones I see here, and I suspect
that's true most other places, are just an unpigmented CAE. NOT, repeat NOT
recommended. There are several species of *Otocinclus* but I've never seen
or heard of a yellow one, before.

--

         "DEMOCRACY" is two wolves and a lamb voting on lunch.
     "LIBERTY" is a well-armed lamb denying enforcement of the vote.