The phosphate question revisited(sorry)

Hi

Hopefully people are not bored of this subject but interestingly this was
raised as a letter in Practical Fishkeeping. The writer of the letter did a
test where he placed some food into phosphate free water. The phosphate went
off the scale on the test kit he was using.
Practical Fishkeeping asked a "major" manufacturer of food why this was.
Apparently (and you can tell I am certainly no expert) phosphate is
contained in all fish. Therefore the reason that it is added to the food is
as a good supplement.
Now I have always been pretty rubbish at chemistry and biology but this
seems to be a bit of a flippant answer.

Sorry if I am digging up old stories but I thought it was interesting.

Glen Williams