Re: Amano Shrimp Sighting-Portland, OR

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Brian T. Perkins wrote:

> Any aquarists in the Northwest should do themselves a favor and go see a
> brand new store in the Hollywood area of Portland, OR called "The Wet Spot".
> shrimp, SAE's, and the list goes on.  These are the same people who have
> operated the "Cichlid Connection"- a wholesale Cichlid shop, so you might
> imagine their collection of cichlids is pretty good!!

Just a minor correction, the wholesale business is the Cichlid _Exchange_,
Steve Lundblad's business (I think they have a website now
www.cichlidexchange.com). Portland's got a great group of Plant fanatics
as part of the Greater Portland Aquarium Society (www.gpas.org), and no
doubt Steve & the others (Hi Julie!) have had lots of input from them on
selection & "wish lists".  The word I had heard was they were getting
really frustrated that no Portland retail outlets would stock the unusual
cichlids & other fish they had right there at the Excahnge (even though
there was great demand for them), so they decided to open their own retail
place.

  - Erik
  (disclaimer: friends with the owners, but only in a hobby perspective)

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com