Seachem's Equilibrium

Sent an e-mail to Greg Morin.  Asked him the following:

1. Product is packed in solid.  I have to scrape it to get any out.
Normal?
2. Product is patchy.  Patches of white mixed in with pathes of beige.
3. I added the recommended amount to 20 gallons of water (2 tablespoons)
to get 3kGH.  I added an additonal 2 teaspoons to try and get an
additional 1dGH.  I measured the final water one day later and the
Aquarium Pharms kit measured ~7dGH (7 drops in 5ml of solution).
4. There seems to be some undissovled material (beige colored) lining
the inside of my garbage can.  Not good, as I also use this garbage can
for unaltered RO water that is later put into 5 gallons jugs for
top-off.  So, I'm going to have to scour this can clean.

Also, using the LaMotte low iron test kit, I get ~.6ppm.  The only
things I added to the RO water were Alkaline Buffer, Equilibrium.
Normally, I've not had any weirdness from Seachem products.

I'd like some input from the group on Equilibrium and my findings.

--

Kelly Beard (That's "Mr." to you!), Cat IV
http://members.home.net/apistogramma