Re: GE Sunshine (Chroma 50) vs PowerGlo

"Lee, Godfrey" wrote:

>Could someone tell me what the difference is other than price?

Their spectra are completely different. The C50 is a full-spectrum bulb
with high CRI that tries to simulate sunligth. Successfully IME. The PowerGlo
spectrum looks very similar to Triton's, with a lot of blue and red emission.
So it should give a pinkish/purplish hue and should have very poor CRI.
Personally I like the way the Triton bulb enhances reds and blues, and I
presume the PowerGlo should give similar results. They are very similar in
total PAR output though (see data and pointers to spectra at
http://www.aquabotanic.com/lightcompare.htm).

-Ivo Busko
 Baltimore, MD