Just moved, new water

Hey, all!

I moved last week, and as a result am running into water chemistry problem
many of you would probably kill for.  My new water comes out of the tap at a
pH of about 6.4 (Sandpoint CO2 controller), with a KH of less than 2 degrees
(Sera test kit).  I'm concerned about being able to raise my pH enough to
get the 15 ppm CO2 I like to have without either having to drastically raise
the KH or having my tank's pH in the basement.  While I know many tanks can
and do run pH in the low to mid sixes, I'd rather keep mine at the 6.8 I'm
used to if I can find a way to get away with it.  Any ideas or thoughts?
Would a lower pH possibly benefit my fish or plants (Normal community tank,
mostly tetras, praecox and SAEs, lots of Rotala, glossostigma, various
species of crypt, assorted other plants.)  As always, all help is greatly
appreciated.

Justin Collins
Bellingham, WA, where it has gone back to raining.

Truth is something you stumble into when you think you're going someplace
else.
     -Jerry Garcia