RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1426

  >Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 15:40:34 EST
  >From: MattJasper at aol_com
  >Subject: Sodastream CO2?
  >
  >Has anyone from the UK on this list tried using 'Sodastream' CO2
  >cylinders as
  >These bottles are about 12" long by 2" in diameter, grey
  >coloured, having a

Sounds like a 0.54 or 0.66 pound compact CO2 cylinders to me.  We use these
in the US for paintball.  But the ones used for paintballs have oil inside
which render them harmful for aquarium use.  Wherever you are going to have
them refilled, ask to see if they can inspect the cylinders for you and see
if non-oil based CO2 can be used in the future.

  >Thanks in advance,
  >Matt

Check out the Canister CO2 System from my signature link, they are 4,500
c.c. canisters of pure CO2 gas.  You have to dose in manually.  Judging from
their prices, I'd say they are perfect substitutes for Yeast Reactors.

Thanks.

Edward
m3
www.marine-monsters.com/fresh.html