Cloudy Water

HELP!!! I recently discovered that my DIY CO2 had back siphoned into my
tank. Not very much got in there, but couldn't see anything. I immediately
did a 50% water change. I added an air stone because it looked like my
fish were forcefully breathing. Then this weekend I did a 100% water
change. The cloudiness never went completely away. Now its even worse. I
can't see 3" into my tank. All of my fish are still alive and the plants
are fine. I was researching in the archives and someone mentioned using a
diatom filter to filter out everything out of the water. Any luck with
this?

Thanks,

Lee Michaels