Re: Outdoor tank

I'm from Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur to be exact.  The other reason I shelter my tank is because I do not want my tank to over spill with rain water during a heavy thunderstorm.

Alfred, do you keep any floating plants to prevent excessive sun light?  If I don't use any shelter for my tank, will a whole blanket of lemna minor deters alot of sunlight from reaching below?

I just found out yesterday that the shrimps(about 3 inches) I got in my 55 gallons tank ate the young shoots of my dwarf sword plantlets.  I reckon the Malaysian shrimps do not like algae at all.  As a scavenger they are alright but not as an algae eater.

Regards,
Joo