RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1403

Subject: RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1403

> "K Will" <steelwill27 at hotmail_com> wrote:
	> I pulled a worm out of my tank while cleaning it. It is about
1 inch long
> > and skinny. It has some kind of sucker on it. It kept burying itself
> in the
> > Gravel which explains why I never saw it before. I'm not sure what
> it is,
> > can anyone help?

I am no expert, but I don't nkow if a real parasite would be free swimming.
Could be a leech. They have a characteristic undulating way of swimming and
just love being under rocks etc (till they come out at night...)they also
crawl along "inchworm" style. Fascinating things, I have some in a jar (with
various other invertebrates like hydra, ostracods,etc.  I have no idea what
they are eating, but I find babies and they grow...

Personally, I picked up a student quality stereoscope 10x - 30x and it adds
a whole new dementionto aquaria.

All the best,
Shmuel Silinsky