Re: wet/dry

> Date: Sat, 20 Nov 99 23:17:55 PST
> From: "Stephen Lindsay" <stephen_lindsay at lineone_net>
> Subject: Re:Sword-plant propagation; Triton tubes
>
> Chuck,
>
> I think your wet/dry filtration system is a pretty neat set-up.
> How do you cater for anaerobic bacterial action in the unit?

Umm, I don't have a clue!   I'm pretty much just following the lead
of other setups I've seen.   Are you talking about avoiding anaerobic
bacteria, or  inviting anaerobic bacteria?  From what little I understand
about it, anaerobic bacteria is useful to consume nitrates, correct?  If
that's the only benefit of it, I really don't want it.  I want the
nitrates to remain available to my plants.