Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1401

> From: "Chang Khin Fah" <ckhinf at pd_jaring.my>
> Subject: Doubt!!!

> 1.Does flourecent tubes has a life-span?

Yes, fluorescent tubes gradually decrease in light output.  You should not
wait for normal tubes to "burn out", as by that time, their light output
has been greatly reduced.

A possible exception is Triton tubes.  I've heard that they only lose 10%
of their output over their lifetime.  I got a few tritons with a used tank
I purchased.  Can anyone else clue me in on how to tell when to replace
them?  Do they actually "burn out" when they are used up?