snail eaters

>Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:19:35 -0800
>From: "II, Thomas Barr" <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
>Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1395

>And my clown loaches don't eat any MTS's snails and my SAE's don't eat my
>Rotala. Other conditions and behaviors with each fish and group are
>different. Maybe behavior.

Tom,

Maybe your loaches would like to eat your MTS. Mine do eat them but they
can't get them all. MTS have very tough shells and if they are in good
shape the loaches can't get at them. My clowns keep the snails in check but
they don't kill them off. I probably only have the strongest and smartest
of snails in that tank. All the weak and dumb ones are picked off. :)

Olga
in Vancouver