Re:Red Ramshorn snails

Before you kill all your snails offer them around to other aquarists. They
do a good job for me eating algae and other detrius. Mine don't eat plants
because I have algae for them to eat. This doesn't mean an unsightly
mess... but enough algae for algae eaters and snails. Problem is you need
more algae. <g> Take a lot of snails out (they're easy to catch ;>) and
take them into your local store. At our auction on Sunday, bags of about 20
Red Ramshorn snails were selling for $6-$8.

Olga
in Van