Hope for MST sufferers (was: Re: MST Drawbacks..)

> Thank's to everyone who responded & provided me with some really >useful
>info.  Especially about Malaysian Trumpet Snails which seem to >be a
>desirable tank-mate in most peoples experience (are there any >drawbacks?).

I have so many MSTs in my 30 gallon tank, I can't see the fish.  I finally
found a way to kill them in a ten-gallon without disrupting the substrate.  I
pulled out all the plants and fish, and dumped a bunch of muriatic acid into
it.  The gravel fizzed for three days, and not one MST is left.  I will do
the same to my 30 gallon in the near future, but I am somewhat reticent, as
the plants are finally getting a start there.

Bob Dixon