Duckweed

On  9 Nov 99 at 15:48, Aquatic Plants Digest wrote:

> > Other
> >  plants do fine, but duckweed just disappears. Must be a very delicate
> >  plant.
>
> thanks for the good laugh early in the morning... :-)
>
> tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA

I'm serious, everytime I introduced it, I failed. The best result was
when it did reasonably well in one tank for a few months. Then, it
disintegrated and disappeared, as in the other tanks.

If it were the lack of nutrients, then I suppose it would not
disappear completely, instead, I'd expect it would go through
cycles: boom, collapse because of nutrient deficiency, then recovery
as nutrients build up again because of feeding and dying plant
matter.

Anyway, my list of future projects, ordered according to difficulty:
1. Set up a paludarium (almost done)
2. Set up a discuss tank
3. Sustain duckweed

Jan