Re: FW Flounders

What I (and the two LFS) call 'butterfly plecos' are called hillstream
loaches on some web sites. This is a very flounder-looking fish that as
Cathy says, only gets to about 2". I don't think it's really a hillstream
loach because there is another loach whose body is shaped more like the
Yoyo/zebra/clown/Pakistani/queen/orange-tailed loaches that is also called a
hillstream loach.

As usual, I can't seem to find the appropriate links right now although I
believe the Loaches-online site (www.loaches.com) is one 'authority' that
had the butterfly pleco picture.

Another one I've seen listed as a hillstream loach was what looked to me
like a bronze cory. This site actually said that this fish was incorrectly
called a chinese-algae-eater in many places so they wanted to correct the
info. ie. Their correction was at least as wrong as the mistake.

Shannon

In any case, those wondering about flounders, have a look at these pictures
and see if that's what you are talking about:
http://www.loaches.com/beaufortia_kweichowensis.shtml