Red Plants ann Iron/Altenanthera reineckii

Forget the questions in my other post. Did some thinking and researching.

    Iron may very well be crucial to the redness of the plant. The original
plant in question was Altenanthera reineckii. This plant belongs to the
family Amaranthaceae, order Caryophyllidae. One of the characteristics of
this order is that they lack Anthocyanin and have betalains instead. This is
the same pigment found in beets which are loved due to their iron richness.
The question now becomes; is there a relationship between betalains and
iron? I couldn't find anything to support this conclusively so if anyone
else has better info please jump in. There was suprisingly little info on
the web regarding betalains.