Planted Discus Tanks

Just read Karen`s article on Aquarium Frontiers entitled `The Planted Discus
Tank`.

Perhaps I should have read this earlier - I have suffered for years with
BBA. My tank is approx 55 Gall with press.CO2, Laterite & gravel, 125 Watts
of MVP lighting (UK !!).

I the tank are two large Discus plus several Clown Loaches, SAE`s & Otos.

Never really been able to shift the BBA. I dose Potassium with every w/c &
TMG every week (5 ml). GH 5, KH4, NO3 10ppm, PH6.8, Fe trace (LaMotte test
kit). 50% water changes every 2-3 weeks.

IF I am reading Karen`s article correctly AND understanding it, I need to
change around 50% of my water twice each week (OR once as a very minimum) to
keep PO4 levels down. AND I need to feed the fish as little as I can get
away with. Anyone else out there keeping a SUCCESSFUL & THRIVING planted
discus tank ? If so, how are you managing it ?

Andy Moore  -  (andy at ascot_u-net.com)
Poulton-le-Fylde, Nr Blackpool
Lancashire. GB

Treasurer/BBb Tuba Player Poulton-le-Fylde Brass Band
and Aquatic Plant/Discus collector

http://www.ascot.u-net.com/home/Band.htm