Chroma 50/Sylvania Designer 50

>About a week or two ago, there was a Dutch auction on e-bay where someone
>was selling F40-T12-DESIGNER 50 lamps for $3.25US each.  Go to:
>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=179833194 .  These
>are Sylvania's version of the Chroma50.  I have a couple 2' HO Designer 50's
>over a 29gal and can't tell them apart from the Chroma's.  I e-mailed this
>guy and this was his reply:
>
>WE HAVE AS MANY AS YOU WISH.
>THEY COME IN CASES OF 30, THEY SHIP BETTER THIS WAY.

Hmm, afte shipping, at that price I'd save $1.45 a tube. Now,
I guess if I got a case of 2', too it would knock down the
shipping cost per tube. I wonder how many you'd have to buy
to get them for say, $2.75 and could you get a group of poeple
in an area to coordinate a large shipment of them. It might
work in the Buffalo/St. Catherines/Burlington/Toronto
corridor, it could be run through the CKA killi club.

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719