Re: Invasive species

> > > Any plant or animal allowed to escape into
>  > > the wild outside of it's natural habitat has the potential to overrun
>  > that
>  > > ecosystem.
>  >
>  > Again not true. There are more non invasive species than there are
>  invasive
>  > ones
>  >
>      Again, how is this not true?

The last trim took off the end of a sentence.  Most tropical fish in our
tanks are non-invasive in areas where the local water parameters don't meet
the requirements for tolerability.  Discus could never invade the Great Lakes
becuase of the temperatures.  There are hot springs in the west that are warm
enough for them to survive, but the water is too hard for them to spawn.

Bob Dixon