Test kits?

Hello All,

I have had some problems with the leaves in my tank becoming transparent and
developing holes.  So I'm going to get serious about determining the
parameters of my tanks.  What are some essential test kits aside from pH,
KH, GH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?  What are some other kits I should
think about purchasing?  Also, what is a good break down for the
concentration of essential trace elements for the tank?  Thanks in advance.

Bailin