Re: Trimming sword

Talking about sword plants getting too big, Jason Miller wrote:

>   I wonder if the same will happen with my melon sword.  I wouldn't mind
> it getting a little bigger.  Right now the leaves are only two or three
> inches long.  Any thoughts?

Melon swords (usually E. osiris, I think) get big.  And they can get big
fast.  If you want to keep a sword plant in a 20 gallon tank then you need
to try a smaller variety, like E. bleheri, E. parviflorus or E.
amazonicus.  Even those might be able to squeeze other plants out of a 20
gallon tank.

Roger Miller