Re: white "fungus" on driftwood

My LFS has some amazing grapevine wood that they sell as driftwood, the sales
guy there warned me that it would develop white "fuzz" (what you are calling
"fungus") on it which it did at the beginning.  He also promised me that
plecos eat the white fuzz with great gusto.  I had 2 plecos in the tank at
the time, it took them 4 or 5 days, but eventually the fuzz disappeared and
it has not returned...so buy a pleco or two!!!  Linc Duffy  Pleasant Valley,
NY