Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1352

In a message dated 10/26/99 3:53:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

<< They sound like they would be a very interesting addition to the tank.  Are
 they difficult to feed, and do they actually help with filtration of the
 water?  Do they live for a reasonably long time?  The reason I as is that I
 tend to have fair amount of fine suspended particulate matter, and I'd love
 a way to get rid of it naturally.

 Thanks,
 Justin Collins

My clams live for long periods of time (years) and do well in a tank with
mulm or a high level of one celled organisms. Yes, they do filter
significantly, you can see the current they stir up in an other wise still
tank.

                                                                    Moon