Fluorescent light quality

It aint the quantity it's the quality.

My wife annexed a small tank I had with Endlers livebearers
and somehow this morphed into a 30 long with half my
crypt collection. The tank has two of those screw in
fluorescent  things that replace incandescsnts. It
was an easy upgrase for the lame hood that came with the
tank she got from a garage sale. Plants did ok, but not
great.

I put a 2" Chroma 50 in there last week. What a difference. New
leaves are comeing up twice as large. In other words a single 20W
Chroma 50 is far, far beter than 2 20W screw in fluorescent
incandescsnt replacements.

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719