I'm probably insane but...

    All this talk the past few days about freshwater clams and mussels
prompted me to try out what may be the craziest idea yet. I went down to the
river today and collected 2 dozen zebra mussels and tossed them into my 10
gallon tank. At the moment they seem to be doing fine and are all open. I
will be taking some water samples the next few days to the lab and testing
refractive index, turbidity and color index. If anyone is interested in the
results I will post them here on the list.
     If anyone would like some let me know. We have them by the millions.
Just let me know if you would prefer specimens from the outlet of sewage
treatment plant or the outlet from the cooling towers for the nuclear
reactors... Just kidding...