Flourite???

Not to start a long discussion (now I've done it), but....

I am tearing down my overly gross and neglected 55g plant tank. Does or has
anyone used Flourite as a sole substrate? Any idea how much I should use?

Did the kitty-litter/sand thing last time and although it worked well,
trying to get something with a little more "size" than sand to keep the
mulm from building on the surface of the substrate up in the next go-around
(or do we have any good tips for reducing mulm?).