Re:CO2 vs. O2

Bud,
    Think of a similar situation.  What happens when you put salt in a
solution of sugar
and water.  Both can reach a point of saturation, which is most likely
lower than the
individual solutions, but you still have both in 'saturation.'

    So you change the saturation levels, but you can still saturate the
water with both
oxygen and carbon dioxide.  I'm not positive whether the saturation
levels for the
two gases go up or down when you mix them in water (either case is
possible),
but I would imagine that you see a slight decrease in the solubility of
both.

Douglas Bertelsen
dbert at umr_edu