Thoughts on Compact Fluorescent Lights

I was thinking about a PowerCompact CF light for my 38
gallon aquarium.  The other option is to go with one
single fluorescent light and one double.  I don't want
to go overboard, I just want something that will work
for some basic plants in a community tank.

I saw one of the PowerCompacts in action on the
weekend and I couldn't believe the amount of output
they had.  My only fear is perhaps overdoing it on the
lights and either having a CO2 or scared fish problem.

I am thinking of some easy to keep swords, anubius,
and a couple of java ferns.

Thoughts.

Definately Overboard,
Rich