Re:Surface skimmer

Hoa

The Taunus design handles #2.  The bottom gate is not auto, but is screw
adjusted to control the flow from the top. If the top gets clogged the
bottom gate will allow enough water to get thru to prevent anything nasty
from happening.  The bottom gate is the screw itself and the is a long
handle coming up the pipe of the skimmer to the surface, so it is really to
fine tune and shut off.

I was in HK recently and I saw a well made copy of the design being sold in
the shops.  When I am there next week (last trip for the year!) I will
check out the prices

Alfred

Visit my humble fish site: http://members.delphi.com/alheng