Re: Sterilize soil to remove algae?

Hello,

Sterilizing soil to remove algae spores?  I would guess that it would kill
some spores but those same spores would be killed anyway once introduced
into the tank.  I would suggest to not do that because it's not really
worth it.

Ed

I understand that different organisms can be beneficial in an aquarium.
What about sterilizing the soil to remove algae spores?  Is this worth
it?  Is this one route algae can get into the tank?  I left this one out
of my original post.

Thanks