Re: RFUG

Okay, I can follow this.  My last RFUG was built on a flourescent eggcrate
grid.  I've seen tube style UGFs commercially produced back in the 70's, but
not lately.  The tube style would allow for a better root zone.

My questions are about the specifics.  What size PVC are you using?  How far
apart are the tubes?  Would smaller holes near the downtube and larger ones
further away level off the outflow?  And why are you recharging the system
with fresh laterite?  Do you have any evidence that the clay is depleting its
available....whatever (I don't know what you think you're getting from it)?
I mean, the clay provides for better root-hair development, and also leeches
a minute amount of iron, which most of us supply through our liquid
fertilizer stuff.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com