Re: Ehiem surface extractor

Hi Ivo,

> The surface skimmer is running continuously since I finished its last
> version about 4 months ago. From what I heard of the Eheim device, I
> think my design is better: it doesn't drive off CO2, produces no noise,
> doesn't suck fish, doesn't clog easily and is quite insensitive to water
> level changes.
   I DIYed a overflow-box that doubles as a skimmer but it gargles like
a toilet bowl (probably due to modifications from the original design).
The pvc pipe design was from;
http://www.eparc.com/diy/overflows/williard/overflow.shtml
   It's effective and responsive, but I'm game to try out other designs
esp if it doesn't drive out CO2 and less noisy... I need the sleep.  Any
pics, descriptions and instructions would be appreciated.

TIA
Ronnie