Re: reference on root .vs. foliar feeding

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, I wrote:

> Aquatic plants can take in nutrients at either roots or leave.  I've read
> that that aquatic plants switch from root feeding to foliar feeding when
> dissolved nutrients are high enough to supply the plant.

The reference on this is:

Davis, Graham J. and Mark M. Brinson, 1980.  Responses of submersed
vascular plant communities to environmental change.  FWS/OBS-79/33.
Office of Biological Services Fish and Wildlife Service US Department of
Interior. 67 pp.

The authors were with the Department of Biology at East Carolina
University, Greenville, NC.

Roger Miller